Supermodels like Alessandra Ambrosio and Irina Shayk have to be ready for a beach shoot at a moment’s notice. That means being sporting a flawless glow so they can wear the tiniest bikini, even in the depths of winter.
Concerns about skin aging and cancer, plus the ultimate no-no for a model of having strange tan lines, make tanning in the sun a bad idea for everyone. To avoid these problems, models and beautiful women everywhere use self-tanner.
Best Bronze, the top selling self-tanner in Brazil for +10 years running, offers a quick, easy, safe and natural-looking glow. Irina and Alessandra are fans of Best Bronze for achieving their perfect tans.
Unfortunately, sometimes with self-tanner you can make a mistake like streaks or end up with orange hands. This happens less frequently with Best Bronze because of its foolproof spray application and the gloves included in the package to protect your hands.
But if you ever run into problems, here are 9 ways that supermodels fix self-tanner mistakes.
- Exfoliate areas with streaks or excess color – You can use a scrub with microbeads, sugar or salt or try a loofah or buffer. This will slough off the outer layer of skin. The effect will be more even color.
- Oil – This is helpful when you’ve got a large area to fix. Slather on baby oil or body oil and let it sit for 10 minutes or so. Or try putting a few capfuls of oil in a tub of water and soaking. Not only will it moisturize but it will lift the top layer of skin and make it appear the color has faded.
Natural lighteners – Among the products to try are the following. The acid in some of them helps break up the color on your skin:
- A paste of baking soda and water
- Lemon juice
- White vinegar
- Baby wipes
If you’ve got just a few spots to fix, you can rub them with a cut lemon. Lemon juice can also be applied with a cotton ball, and it’s one of the most effective methods. If the stains are stubborn, you can also combine lemon juice and baking soda in a paste.
Vinegar smells terrible, but if your stains are stubborn, try rubbing it on and letting it sit for about 10 minutes. Baby wipes are hit and miss in terms of effectiveness, but they are convenient.
- Rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover with acetone – These products are harsh and smell bad, so only resort to them if other methods don’t get the job done. Rub on with a cotton ball, let it sit for a few minutes and then rinse. These are drying so be sure to moisturize afterward.
- Toothpaste – Hey it whitens your teeth, right? Apply a whitening formulation toothpaste, rub it in, let it stand for a few minutes and then wash it off.
- Special products – There are products that are formulated to tackle orange palms and streaks. They work but generally no better than the methods we recommend above.
The ultimate supermodel secret is to not get streaks or stains in the first place.
Irina and Alessandra use Best Bronze, the self-tanner that rules the beaches of Brazil, because it’s effective, colorless and goes on so easily that mistakes are rare. Plus using the included gloves means no Oompa Loompa hands. To learn more about Best Bronze and how to get the perfect glow without the sun, click here.